We designed our health check and continuous quality improvement support packages to help services to develop a systematic approach to reviewing and improving their effectiveness.
Using a well-trialled and evidence-based model, we support organisations to assess their current health in all areas of the organisation including governance and finance, human resources, health and safety, service provision and service user involvement.
In 2014 we worked with two large national organisations and a number of local front-line service providers to review their organisational health and/or implement quality systems.
Health Check Package
Two of our organisational health evaluators come to your service for one day. We observe your service, speak to staff and clients, analyse policies and other records.
We then provide a detailed report on all areas of service provision which includes recommendations for the organisation, in line with any relevant standards the organisation is working towards.
This service costs approximately €2400 (not including VAT).
Organisations who undertake our CQI programme engage in a year-long process of improving their approach to quality in the organisation.
This service costs between €3000 and €8000, depending on the size of the organisation, the range of the services provided and the extent of quality support required by the organisation.
This involves six key steps:
- Full organisational health check
- Identification of policy gaps
- Filling of policy gaps through facilitated policy development with staff teams and stakeholders
- Provision of up-to-date revised policy guidebooks on all areas of service provision including governance, finance, human resources, health and safety, service provision and service user involvement
- Provision of brief training on one or two key areas
- Support to develop an implementation and review plan for new quality systems
In addition to this, Quality Matters can provide training on outcome / impact measurements and implementing them into the service.